Friday, February 11, 2005

Gung Hay Fat Choy

It's the Year of the Rooster, the return of my birth year, and not to get too cocky, but that's something to crow about. (I think you can see where this is going.) The Chinese believe that your animal year is a time of strength and growth. I can dig it, but I'd have to add that my family and friends deserve some credit as well. Thanks for helping me get here today (a stinky little internet room in an Auckland hostel, hmm?). A special shout-out to Stephen for the garage (and bad jokes), Marcus for the closet and Dawn & David (and Rueben) for the basement. I know you guys will have a fantastic garage sale.

Well, I haven't showered for three days and even more timezones. I plan to lay low in Auckland for a couple, then tour the Bay of Islands and work down to Hawkes Bay for some Bordeaux varietals.

Thinking of you all -

Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home